The Hideout…is nestled in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania, and consists of 2,700 acres of pristine woodland. It is exclusively owned and operated by The Hideout Property Owners Association. This association is run by a member elected board of directors with full time Recreation, Public Safety, Maintenance and Administrative Staff. At the Hideout, all property owners have a voice in community operations, and the standard of living desired for you and your family. Since 1970 The Hideout has flourished and continues to offer a great place to live, grow and enjoy a country lifestyle.
Located only 2 hours from New York City, and just 30 minutes from downtown Scranton, this majestic 4 season wonderland offers the beauty of the Pocono Lake Region and access to major conveniences, like shopping, theaters, renown medical and education facilities, and some of the country’s best year-round recreational destinations.
The Hideout…is a planned community with 42 miles of paved private roads, a 24 hour gated security entrance, as well as a modern central water/sewer system. The Hideout boasts 5 private lakes, power boating, water skiing, fishing, sailing, kayaking, swimming, golf, snow skiing, tennis, pickleball, hiking, biking and more. There are 240 acres that have been set aside, untouched and unspoiled for all to enjoy.
The Hideout…Never a dull day. Enjoy 4 seasons of recreation. Some of the amenities include indoor and outdoor tennis, basketball and pickleball courts, Bocce Ball and shuffleboard, white sandy beaches, handball and racquetball courts, two heated outdoor pools, kiddie pool, an Arts and Crafts Center, Clubhouse and Sports Complex, Nine hole Golf Course, Woodworkers Shop, Ski Hill and Lodge, Golf Pro Shop, Outdoor Sports Pavilion, Cocktail Lounge, Tiki Bar and Restaurant.
- South Recreation Complex – Ball field for softball, soccer, football etc. Tennis courts, handball/racquetball court, basketball court and children’s playground. This is also the area where the Administrative Office is located that houses the Community Managers office, Environmental Control Coordinator, Newspapers Staff as well as other administrative staff and personnel.
- Five Private Lakes – Roamingwood is 240 acres; Deerfield is 9 acres; Brooks is 8 acres; Windemere is 1 acre and Big Spring Pond is 6 acres.
- Roamingwood Park – Located on Roaming wood Lake, consists of outdoor grills, picnic areas, pavilion, Men’s/Women’s Bathroom and a great place to fish from.
- Main Marina – Roamingwood Lake Boat Launch, Kayak Launch, Boat slips and docks for privately owned boats and a large parking lot for vehicles and trailers.
- Getaway Park – Roamingwood Lake. Has storage racks for Canoes and Kayaks, a canoe/kayak launch area, picnic tables.
- Main Lodge Complex – On Roamingwood Lake. The is where the Main Lodge is located that houses a restaurant, A private Party facility with deck, a TIki Bar, and also where the Public Safety Office is currently located. The main heated outdoor pool and kiddie swim area and a nice sandy beach all watched by certified lifeguards. There is a snackbar and game room located downstairs at the Lodge with access to the beach. Plenty of showers and lockers are also available. There is a lighted tennis/Pickleball court and a jetty with boat docks.
- Holiday Park – Roamingwood Lake. Has storage racks for Canoes and Kayaks, a canoe/kayak launch area, picnic table and the best place for fishing from shore.
- North Beach Complex – Roamingwood Lake. Offers another sandy beach, first Aid/Lifeguard Station, bathrooms, Pavilion, outdoor grills and picnic tables. There is also a basketball court across the street.
- Arts and Crafts Center – Art programs for children and families, ceramics, instructional programs and exhibits for adults.
- Ski Area – Ski Lodge with fireplace, groomed slopes with double chair lift, man-made snow, Ice skating rink, outdoor warming building, Snack bar, rope tow, tubing hill, four ski trails, night lighting and full rental shop.
- Laurel Park – Area where there are Campgrounds – 60 acres with 145 sites, 42 paved with water and electric, plus laundry facilities, restrooms, showers, sports complex and winter storage area. The outdoor pet play area is also here. There are two fenced areas where owners can take there pets and let them socialize and run free.
- Hideout Nine Hole Golf Course – Double Tee for 18 hole play, putting green, driving range, full service Pro Shop with Club Pro.
- North Recreation Area – Offers our second heated pool